Visitors to the Hill and Common engage in a number of activities including the following:
- Dog walking
- Horse riding
- Rock climbing and Abseiling
- Hang gliding, paragliding and the flying of non-motorised model aircraft
- Cycling and Mountain biking
- Picnicking and Barbecues
- Tobogganing, skiing and snowboarding
- Wildlife observation
- Collection of geological/ fossil specimens
The Hill is also used for the training of search and rescue dogs.
Further information is provided on some of these activities in following sub-pages.