During the COVID-19 lockdown, mountain biking on Leckhampton Hill is a great form of local exercise and a boost for well-being. The hill offers stunning views and trails to suit everyone.
As the hill is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and owned by Cheltenham Borough Council, to ensure public access for a wide range of users, mountain biking on it comes with responsibility. Before riding on the hill please read the guidelines at https://www.leckhamptonhill.org.uk/activities/cycling/.
The Mountain Bike Captain of local Cheltenham & County Cycling club shares some advice for mountain biking on the hill, or anywhere else for that matter, during lockdown
- Follow Government advice on social distancing and exercising.
- Ride within your limits. Do not become a burden on the NHS chasing a personal best.
- When it’s all over, keep the habit going with regular guided rides from a local club that will help you learn how and where to ride enjoyably and responsibly with the bonus of a riding with a group. Find clubs at www.britishcycling.org.uk
FOLK would add the following key points
- Please respect all other user on the site, e.g. by giving way and slowing down near to walkers and horse-riders
- Do not damage but respect and protect the flora and fauna on the site